Olivia decided to add some object walnuts to her competition potable knap cake instruction and the result was obvious. Time so some recipes call for connection or chopped nuts we equivalent to livelihood them complete or as large as fermentable for outstanding jaw.
As with any good chocolate chip cookie, it is very important not to over bake them. In fact it is preferable to under bake them if you have to.
Individual differences in oven temperatures and baking pans can be critical when trying to achieve the perfect chewy crunchy cookie. Experiment with baking times by under baking by a minute or two if necessary and noting the difference it makes.
Bake only a few at a time until you find the right balance for your baking pans and oven. I recommend aluminum bake-ware lined with parchment paper as the best for baking perfect cookies.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or butterscotch flavoring or both! Hint, hint.
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup lightly toasted whole walnuts (I like to break them in half)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the sweetened butter. Mix only enough to incorporate flour. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Form cookies by dropping a rounded teaspoon of dough on the prepared cookie sheet two inches apart. Bake until light brown around the edges, about 12-14 minutes, depending on cookie size.
- Over baking is the biggest problem with most chocolate chip cookies. Your oven temperature and the type of cookie sheet you use will vary the baking times considerably. When they are golden brown around the edges is the time to remove them from the oven even if the middles fall when removed from the oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.