In the Midwest it’s very common to have a protein, vegetable, and non-vegetable starch like bread or pasta at every meal. Not wrong, not right – it just is! That said, we wondered what would happen if – gasp! – we didn’t eat a starch with each meal (trust me, we talked about more riveting topics than starches all night!) Starches can be hard to work off, are typically devoid of nutrition, and often served as filler. Truly I feel like I serve a starch with dinner more out of habit than anything else. How nuts is that?
I took it as a personal challenge to prove that it’s not only easy to increase your daily vegetable intake, but not miss the empty calories of unnecessary starches. Oh, and like it too (no easy feat!) How about serving a baked sweet potato instead of a side of pasta at dinner? Pairing a bowl of soup with salad instead of a roll at lunch? Or skipping a muffin for my Very-Veggie Cauliflower Hash Brown Breakfast Bowls in the am instead?
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lime or lemon
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 2 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflower rice
- 4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Add avocado, lime or lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste to a small bowl then mash with a fork and set aside. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper in a small bowl then set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a 10″ skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms then saute until they release their water. After the water has cooked off, season mushrooms with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then saute until golden brown. Scoop into a bowl then set aside.
for full instruction please see : iowagirleats.com
source http://allrecipesmostpopular.blogspot.com/2018/12/very-veggie-cauliflower-hash-brown.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/