- 3 cups dark chocolate chips you can use semi-sweet if you prefer
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk 300ml in Canada; 14 oz in the US
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- 24 soft caramel candies I used Kraft
- 1 tbsp whipping cream or whole milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted for top
- Start by toasting the pecans in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, tossing them once, half way through that time.
- Let them cool completely, then snap each pecan into about 4 pieces.
- Line a 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. I prefer the 8 inch pan for slightly thicker chunks of fudge.
- Add the 3 cups of chocolate chips, the can of sweetened milk , the vanilla extract and salt to a small saucepan and melt over medium low heat, just until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to overheat this mixture. Take it low and slow.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lined pan.
- Sprinkle the pecan pieces evenly over the surface of the fudge and press down lightly to make sure they get good contact with the fudge layer.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the caramel candies and whipping cream. Again, do this low and slow because overheating the caramel may cause it to go brittle.
- Drizzle the caramel over the pecan layer.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler and drizzle all over the caramel and pecans.
- Chill for several hours or overnight before cutting into small squares or bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa