She made Adalyn’s birthday cake and the amazing chocolate cake for her party. We have been telling her for years that she needs to go into business making and selling desserts. So far, our family is the only lucky recipients of these desserts.
These sweet potato pie bites are so cute, bite-sized and are perfect for any holiday party. People who don’t even like sweet potatoes including my mom and husband loved these. They are sweet and can be eaten as part of a meal or for dessert. I had about 8-10 of these on my birthday because they were just that good!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a larger bowl. Whisk until frothy. Add pecans. Stir until coated. Add sugar mixture. Stir until coated. Spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes (coating will harden on pecans). Stir and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in a large bowl or bag and coat with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Arrange slices in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush tops, flip slices over and brush again with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Return to oven and bake additional 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Spoon (or squirt using decorative pastry tip) cream cheese onto center of cooled potato slices.
- Stir 1 teaspoon maple syrup into 1 cup of the candied pecans. Sprinkle on slices and enjoy!
source https://www.alanavaleria.site/2019/01/sweet-potato-pie-bites.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/