This Southern Style Homemade Hot Dog Chili with ground beef and without beans can be made in advance and kept in a slow cooker to keep warm while serving.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp corn meal
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt to taste
- vegetable oil
- Put a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil in medium sauce pan.
- On medium-high heat, saute onion until translucent, then add garlic.
- Stir for about a minute, then add ground beef.
- As beef begins to brown, use a potato masher to grind up the beef into small bits.