Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings – An easy version of the comfort-food classic that simmers away all day in the crockpot. You will love this simple and delicious recipe!
- 1 1/2-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans or boxes cream of chicken soup
- 10 canned regular size, buttermilk biscuits (I use two small cans, each contains five biscuits)
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker, along with chopped onion and 2 TB butter. Sprinkle with dried parsley, seasoning salt, poultry seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add chicken broth and cream of chicken soup to crockpot, and stir all ingredients to combine. Place lid on top and cook over low heat for 6-8 hours, or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- After cooking for at least 6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high, remove lid and stir mixture with a spoon or fork, breaking apart the chicken into smaller chunks.
- Chop the biscuits into quarters and add to the crockpot. Push biscuit dough down into the crockpot a bit so that they will absorb the gravy as they cook.
- Replace the lid and continue cooking for 1 more hour over high heat until biscuits are cooked through and begin to turn golden brown. Enjoy!