PEPPERMINT SNOWBALL COOKIES
44 sec read
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- red or pink food coloring
- ¾ cup Andes peppermint baking chips
- additional powdered sugar for coating
- Beat butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, salt, and extract just until combined.
- Add food color a few drops at a time until desired color is achieved.
- Stir in peppermint baking chips.
- Refrigerate dough, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out one tablespoon of dough at a time and form into a ball. Place on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. You do not want the cookies to get more than very lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Line another large baking sheet with parchment paper and dust liberally with powdered sugar.
- Place slightly cooled cookies on this baking sheet and dust with additional powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely.
- Fill a small bowl halfway with powdered sugar. Drop cookies one at a time into the bowl and turn until coated in powdered sugar.
- Leftovers? Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa