Paleo Crepes with Strawberries and Coconut Whipped Cream made in 15 minutes! Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo and Grain Free and low carb.
I will say that sometimes it just doesn’t work well and the fat from the milk will not whip up no matter what you, if that happens I just pour it over the dessert as it tastes the same but won’t look as good. I use Native Forest as it’s always worked best for me.
- 8 oz Strawberries , quartered, 225g
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 1/3 cup coconut flour , 40g
- 1/3 cup arrowroot , 40g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk , 125mls – 140mls
- Strawberries , washed and chopped up to fill crepes
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 canned full fat coconut milk , refrigerated 24hrs (I use Native Forest Brand)
- You can make the sauce first and let it cook while you make the crepes
- Add the chopped strawberries and sugar and honey to a pan.
- Mix the arrowroot powder and cold water together and add to the pan with the strawberries, heat it all up on a medium heat until the sauce starts simmer and thicken and the strawberries soften, do not boil. Should take about five to ten minutes
- in your mixing bowl add flours,vanilla, honey, eggs and 125mls (1/2 cup) canned coconut milk.
- mix well, if the mixture is too thick add a little more coconut milk, it needs to be more like a pouring consistency, not a dropping consistency like you would have for pancakes.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes while you heat a non-stick skillet on a medium high heat.
- I use a little oil in my skillet, but it your pan has a great non stick surface you may not need to do that.
- Remove pan from the heat, Add in about 80mls (1/3 cup) of batter the the center of the pan and quickly swirl it around so that the batter spreads out to form a 10 inch crepe, use the back of a spoon to spread it if you need to.
- Return pan to the heat and cook for about 1-2 mins, until the crepe is golden underneath.
- flip the crepe and cook for a further 30 seconds, then remove from the pan.
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- Make just before serving!
- Please note that you *MUST* refrigerate the canned (full fat) coconut milk for at least 24hrs before making the whipped cream. I also need to point out that this recipe is not foolproof, sometimes the coconut fat will not whip up no matter what you do, it can be fickle like that. I have had the best success with Native Forest Brand and Whole Foods coconut milk.
- Make it just before serving, it doesn’t hold it’s shape well over a long period of time.
- Scoop out the thick part from the coconut milk can and add it to your mixer, you can use a hand whisk if you don’t have a mixer.
- Add a couple drops of vanilla extract and about a dessert spoon of honey and whisk together until it looks nice and thick.
- Taste it and add more honey or vanilla if desired.
- line up chopped strawberries along the center of the crepe, then spoon on some whipped cream and roll up the crepe.
- Serve immediately or the coconut whipped cream will start to separate.
source https://www.alanavaleria.site/2019/01/paleo-crepes-with-strawberries.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/