Ingredients for Meringue Christmas Trees
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of plain white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter Vanilla Emulsion flavoring. I use THIS kind (optional)
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- Golden tree topper sprinkles (like THESE)
- Green food coloring.
- Icing bag (or zip lock bag) and a star-shaped frosting tip. You can find these in the frosting section at your grocery store.
How to Make Christmas Tree Meringues
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet, covered in foil, and sprayed lightly with non-stick spray.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites for a few minutes on high speed until they are frothy.
- Add the sugar into the frothy egg mixture in small amounts.
- Continue to mix on high for 1 minute.
- Add in the cream of tartar.
- Add butter vanilla emulsion and green food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- Continue to whip the mixture on high for 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks form (meaning that the meringue holds a form when the mixer is turned off).
- Using an icing bag with a star shaped frosting tip, press the meringue mixture down onto the foil and gently swirl in a circular motion (like making soft serve ice cream).
- Add Christmas colored sprinkles and a golden sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or just before they begin to turn brown along the edges.
- Let them cool completely (or eat them when they are a tiny bit warm!).
- Store in an air tight container. Makes about 24 small trees.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa