Cookies, cookies, cookies! Shout it with me! I am so excited to bring you another delicious keto cookie recipe. A nut-free keto cookie recipe at that. But this time, it is a recipe from my super talented friend Cristina. She is the chef behind the popular blog The Castaway Kitchen. We met online through social media, and a shared love of blogging about real food. From there, it turned into a real-life friendship when we met in Maui. You’ve got to love any friend that shows up with a fresh batch of low carb cookies to your first meeting. It was love at first bite! Not only does Cristina make delicious keto cookies, but she also makes some incredible savory recipes also. In fact, she just wrote her first cookbook. Be sure to read all about it below before skipping straight to the sweet treat!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ( I use this brand)
- ⅓ cup granulated erythritol or other low-carb sweetener (I use this brand)
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, ghee or coconut oil, softened
- ⅓ cup plus 3 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unflavored grass-fed beef gelatin (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine Himalayan salt
- 1 (4-ounce) bar stevia-sweetened semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped, or ½ cup stevia-sweetened semisweet chocolate chips (I use this brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork or wire whisk until frothy. Add the vanilla extract, erythritol, and fat and whisk until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix the ingredients together until a dough forms.