¼ cup red, green, and white holiday flat sprinkles (jimmies)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
¼ cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles (jimmies or your favorite)
1. Heat oven to 350°F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
2. To a large bowl, add the package of cookie mix, egg, butter, and mix to stir to combine.
3. Stir in ¼ cup sprinkles.
4. Press dough into prepared pan and bake for about 24 to 26 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting.
1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt; continue mixing on low speed until frosting is smooth.
2. Spread frosting evenly over bars.
3. Evenly sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sprinkles. Slice and serve.