- 3 packages of frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed (the canned or jarred are too briny)
- 2/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs, divided in half
- 1 cup of Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder, divided in half (I’m told at one point Grandma used minced garlic, but it’s my understanding this was long before my time. I only ever remember her using garlic powder).
- Olive oil (to drizzle)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Boil your artichoke hearts for 3-5 minutes, then drain well and pat dry.
- Combine your bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder in a bowl and divide into two equal amounts and set aside.
- Take half of the artichokes and arrange tightly in a single layer in your pan.
- Top with half of the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the rest of the artichokes in a second layer and top with the rest of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Use the back of a spoon (or clean fingers) to poke holes all around the top. Fill them lightly with water- You don’t want it drenched and floating in water but you don’t want it to be dry either.
- Drizzle with olive oil to taste (don’t drown it) and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa