- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Lard or Shortening
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 8 ounces slivered Almonds
- Take out a cookie sheet and place 2 pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap the length of the cookie near the cookie sheet and set aside.
- Place both sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and lard/shortening over low heat. Once melted, pour over sugar.
- With the mixer running on low, mix until all sugar is moistened and there are no dry granules in the bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- With the mixer running, add baking soda, followed by cinnamon and mix well.
- Turn off the mixer and add the flour. Mix just until you no longer see flour.
- Add the slivered almonds and mix until almonds are evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough between the two sheets of wax paper and form in rectangles about 2 inches tall and 3 inches wide. Wrap in wax paper and transfer to the refrigerator on cookie sheet. Let rest in refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap the cookie logs and slice 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Thicker slices will produce softer cookies but will take longer in the oven.
- Place cookies at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown and tops no longer look wet.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to finish cooling.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa