Flaxseed is such a powerful ingredient. Of all the items in my keto pantry, I’m loving flaxseed the most right now. It’s inexpensive, high in fiber, low carb, keto, is helping me navigate healing my hormones, it’s versatile, and makes really good… everything.
Okay, now that that’s out there, let’s make some healthy chocolate muffins, a naturally low carb, keto recipe!
- 1 ½ cup Espresso Fudge Protein Almond Butter (1 batch) or any of your favorite nut or seed butter
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoon ground decaf Bulletproof Coffee *see note
- ¾ cup roughly-ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup xylitol or other sweetener of your choice *see note
- 1 ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin tin with 12 unbleached muffin liners.
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl, stir until combined. Add to wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into prepared, lined, muffin tins. You can go about 85% to the top.
- Slide the completed muffin tin into preheated oven and bake for 22-24 minutes, or until tops crack and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. These muffins go from goopy to perfect in a matter of moments in the oven. 22 minutes was the perfect time for me.
- Remove from the oven, remove (immediately) from the muffin tray and place on a cooling rack.
- Slather with Espresso Fudge Protein Almond Butter or coconut oil.
Recipe Adapted From: healthfulpursuit.com
source https://www.alanavaleria.site/2019/01/flaxseed-fudge-muffins-grain-free-paleo.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/