Look at that beauty!
Don’t you just want to take this lentil wrap out to dinner in a nice restaurant, buy it a bottle of Dom Perignon and then spend an eternity together?
Or you know, you can just take it to the restaurant and eat it there in front of everybody. Making them jealous and getting them to ask you where it is on the menu.
The waiter asking you reluctantly to leave but also if he could have a bite of this amazingly flavorful lentil wrap?
You of course won’t notice any of that because you’ll be in your own delicious world silently devouring this beautiful creature.
- Lentil filling
- 1 cup green or red lentils (red might get a little mushy) – soaked overnight
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- a few pinches of salt
- some olive oil (1-2 Tbsp)
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup arugula (chopped)
- ½ avocado
- 1 small pepper (green or red)
- 5 olives
- small bundle dill (optional)
- small bundle cilantro (optional)
- small bundle parsley
- 1 fresh onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Yoghurt Sauce
- ½ cup yoghurt
- small bundle of dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 tortillas / if you can find whole-grain/gluten-free use those!
- For vegan version use: avocado dill sauce, my vegan paleo tzatziki or my spicy vegan cream cheese
- Chop all vegetables for the lentil filling – onion, basil leaves, parsley. Peel garlic and smash it.
- In large pan with a lid cook lentils with a few pinches of salt at medium high heat, just covered with water for 5-10 minutes (lid covered). Depending on the type of lentils cooking might take longer. Red lentils cook faster, but if you overcook them get very mushy (though still super tasty). Add water if needed. When they’re done, remove water (if any) by rinsing the lentils. I usually just wait until water is almost evaporated. Then still at medium-high, add olive oil, smashed garlic, chopped onion and hot pepper powder. Stir for for 2-3 minutes, turn off heat, add basil and parsley and stir well, leave on the stove covered with a lid.
for full instruction please see : www.beautybites.org
source http://allrecipesmostpopular.blogspot.com/2018/12/evolved-lentil-wraps-recipes.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/