Easy Sausage Quiche – THE BEST FOOD RECIPE
41 sec read
Easy Sausage Quiche
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep dish frozen pie crust (I.e. Mrs Smith’s)
- 8 oz mild or spicy breakfast sausage
- 5 green onions green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- few dashes hot sauce optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Set aside.
In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, cook the sausage until no pink remains.
Add the green onion and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain excess fat from pan.
Spread 1/2 sausage mixture in pie shell ad sprinkle with 1/2 cheese. Spread remaining sausage over cheese.
In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt, pepper,and mustard. Add a few dashes hot sauce, if desired.
Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Check at 30 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning if needed.
Allow to rest for 30 minutes. Serve warm.