This Crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe was so easy to throw together and it made my house smell so good as it cooked all day. This is one of those slow cooker recipes where you just throw everything in there and let it cook all day. There is some prep to do at the end with shredding the chicken and adding the dumplings, but it adds 5 minutes to the total time. We’ve been having a pretty cold May so this was a comforting meal that hit the spot.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 8 count refrigerated biscuits
- Add the diced onion to the crock pot.
- Place the chicken on top and add the frozen vegetables.
- Sprinkle with flour and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.