- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries (or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 5 minutes with an electric mixer on medium. The volume of the mixture will increase by almost half and will be thickened. Do not skip this step. The eggs will work as the leavening the cake needs to rise.
- Add butter and extracts and beat for 2 more minutes. Slowly add flour and beat until combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Using a spatula, pour and smooth into prepared pan. Sprinkle almonds over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa