If you love chicken fajitas, then you need to try these Chicken Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed with your favorite fajita ingredients, these peppers are colorful and filling. They are pretty easy to make too, especially if you prepare the fajita ingredients ahead of time.
Chicken Stuffed Peppers
To make these chicken stuffed peppers, start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and place halved green bell peppers in a baking dish.
Cook your chicken breast strips in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and lime juice.
When the chicken is almost cooked, add in onion strips, red bell pepper, and orange bell pepper. Saute until vegetables are cooked through.
Now it is time to add rice to the pan and mix all the ingredients together.
Fill each green bell pepper half with chicken mixture, making sure to have a fairly equal amount of chicken and peppers in each one.
Top each pepper half with shredded cheese. My kids like to remind me to add a generous helping of cheese which you can certainly do if you are a cheese lover.
Place pepper halves in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Cook longer if you want softer peppers.
Aren’t these beautiful?
These stuffed peppers are truly a complete meal. They include veggies, protein, carbs and dairy. All in a pretty package.
These chicken fajita stuffed peppers make the perfect weeknight meal!
Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 small onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 4 green bell peppers cut in half
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place halved green bell peppers in a baking dish.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and lime juice.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add in onion, red bell pepper, and orange bell pepper. Saute until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add rice to pan and stir to mix all ingredients together. Fill each green bell pepper half with chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place pepper halves in the oven and cook for 30 minutes (longer for softer peppers).
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Eat At Home Meal Plans
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you enjoyed these chicken stuffed peppers, you’ll love:
Egg Stuffed Peppers
Taco Stuffed Peppers
Subscribe via Email or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram