This healthy chicken and vegetable Indian curry has a family-friendly sauce and is better for you, too, with only 418 calories per serve.
The ingredient of Chicken jalfrezi recipe
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mini vine capsicums, halved, deseeded (see note)
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 650g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, quartered
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 fresh jalapeu00f1o, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 400g can finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
- Lime pickle, to serve (optional)
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken jalfrezi recipe
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the capsicum and zucchini and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until tender crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- In 2 batches, add the chicken to the wok and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to the plate.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the ginger, garlic and jalapeu00f1o and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the cumin, coriander and turmeric and toss to combine.
- Return the chicken to the wok with half of the capsicum mixture. Add the tomatoes, 125ml (1/2 cup) water and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Stir in the garam masala and remaining capsicum mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute to warm through. Season. Serve with rice, and lime pickle and coriander, if using.
Nutritions of Chicken jalfrezi recipe
fatContent: 417.772 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein