This instruction for preserved pecans is pecan halves glazed in a kickshaw bark sweetening mixture and baked to tender and crunchy perfection. candied pecans are perfect for salads, snacking or assemblage them up for a fun homespun heritage intention!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white with the water until the mixture is frothy. Pour the pecans into the egg white mixture and toss to coat. Pour in the cinnamon sugar mixture and stir until nuts are thoroughly coated in the sugar.
- Place the nuts in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking time, until the coating on the nuts has hardened.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container until ready for use.