- 1 oz dried Chinese mushroom (28g)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 oz ginger (thinly sliced) (56g)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 chicken (cut into small pieces) (about 3 to 4 lbs/1.5kg)
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Rinse and soak mushrooms to rehydrate. When mushrooms are soft, wash to remove any grit. Trim stalks and soak again until ready to be used.
- In a medium sized pot, heat vegetable and sesame oil. Fry ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces and fry until opaque. Stir in dark soy sauce.
- Remove mushrooms from soaking liquid and reserve ½ cup (120ml) of the liquid. Add mushrooms and soaking liquid to the chicken. When sauce comes to a boil, add Shao Hsing cooking wine , sugar, and salt. Reduce heat to low and allow it to simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and let it continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Sauce should have thickened.
- Remove and serve warm with steamed rice.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa