- 14 oz sheet puff pastry defrosted
- 10 oz almond paste
- 1 orange zested
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven 425 F and cover a rectangular baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle, 2 inches shorter than the length of your baking sheet.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond paste with the orange zest and knead until blended*. (See the notes regarding the almond paste)
- Divide almond paste into 2 even pieces and roll each peace into a log approximately 1 inch shorter than the length of puff pastry.
- Place one almond log on one half of puff pastry. Brush the sides of the pastry with a beaten egg.
- Fold 2 shorter ends of the pastry to cover the almond log. Fold 2 longer ends over the almond log and flip the log so that the seam was at the bottom.
- Repeat with the 2 second sheet of puff pastry.
- Transfer the logs onto a prepared baking sheet, brush with the beaten egg and bake for about 25 minutes until slightly brown on top.
- Meanwhile put apricot jam in a microwave-safe dish and heat for about 20-30 seconds until jam is runny.
- Brush baked logs with the apricot jam, sprinkle with sliced almonds and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Serve with a cup of hot tea or coffee!
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa