- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 8-10 oz each)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Line a cutting board with plastic wrap, place the chicken breasts on top, and then cover the chicken with plastic wrap. Using a mallet (meat tenderizer), gently pound the chicken breasts until uniform in thickness* (see first note). Then, slice the chicken into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In three wide rim bowls (or plates), place flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in one bowl, eggs in the second bowl, and shredded coconut with Panko breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Take a chicken piece, coat first with flour mixture, then egg, and finish with the coconut and breadcrumb mixture before transferring to your baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway, until done**(see second note). Season with additional salt and pepper over the warm chicken nuggets. Serve immediately or warm with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- *The exact thickness of the chicken is not as important as achieving a uniform thickness so they bake evenly. The nuggets I made in this recipe are about ½ inch thick.
- **Using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees F.
- Dipping sauce option: 3 tablespoons of sriracha sauce and a half cup of diced pineapple. Sriracha sauce and honey is also a great quick dip option.
Via 5 minutes recipes https://ift.tt/2qawdZa