We will talk about how to make chili in a slow cooker or crock pot or of course, how to make chili in our new obsession, an instant pot. Oh, and who could forget, can you freeze chili. So much to talk about, so let’s get going!
We recently attended a chili-cook which kicked my obsession with finding an Instant Pot Award Winning Chili Recipe into high gear.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 6 Strips of Bacon, chopped
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Pinto beans, drained
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Black beans, drained
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Fire Roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 Can (6 ounce) Tomato paste
- 1 large Red onion, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced *optional
- 2 Cups Beef stock
- 1 Tablespoon Dried oregano
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic
- Sour Cream
- Cheese, shredded
- Turn your instant pot to sauté and add the bacon.
- Cook until crisp, stirring often to cook evenly.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until tender.
- Add the meat and cook until browned.
- Drain off any excess grease, we just tilt the pot and use a large spoon.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and 3/4 of the bacon and stir to combine.
- Turn the instant pot to chili and cook for 18-20 minutes*. Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes or quick release with the vent.
- Serve with limes, sour cream, cheese, and a little bacon!
source https://www.alanavaleria.site/2019/01/award-winning-instant-pot-chili-recipe.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/